Pages

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Why Humble Pie??????

 You might wonder why in the world did I name this blog “Humble Pie”.
I bet you thought, “that’s pretty arrogant, to say you’re humble”. HA

Well, it’s really not like that at all. 
If you have any history with “Humble Pie” (besides the 70’s band) you will know that it’s something that you eat when you are in a situation and you realize how stupid you’ve been or maybe that you said something really stupid, etc. It’s at that point, that you realize that you need to eat some “humble pie” and go apologize to the offended parties. 

“Humble Pie” is not very tasty and is not easy to swallow, but after it’s all said and done, I think it probably digests quite well. 

It’s basically humbling yourself to the point where you admit your wrongs, in a given situation, and seek forgiveness.  Very Biblical, if you ask me.

Naming this blog “Humble Pie” is just me admitting that I’m often found with a big slice of it in my mouth!  If anyone is ever the Queen of sticking my foot in my mouth – which is hard when it’s already full of humble pie – it’s me! 

And I DO say, I hope we can all continue to eat of the pie of humbleness.  It’s beginnings are very hard and tough and scratchy – but in the end it’s very sweet and rich and makes wonderful friends – even more wonderful!  (Kinda like sourpatch kids, worms, bears, etc.)

Remember this dear children – the hardest things to do are usually the most rewarding.
(like admitting you were wrong – in case you “just don’t get it”)

And now I hear a baby crying, which is my call to lay this entry to rest! 

Love Your Guts,
Hug Your Babies – on the way to doing this
Pray Big, Bigger, Biggest!
Janet :)  xo

No comments:

Post a Comment