Pages

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Today is the Day!

I'm sure you don't ever procrastinate.  

I have never been a procrastinator in the past, but for some reason I keep avoiding the beginning of this blog, and any blog writing, as if it were the plague.

I have some Gollumisk voice that keeps saying things like, "you don't have time right now"... "you can do it later"...(and here's the big one)... "what can you say that hasn't been said a thousand times"!

That last one is the one that always stops me in my tracks.

So, every now and then I have a little chat with God about this and then I will begin hearing songs about doing what God gifted me to do.  (and I just want to add - right here - that this type writing is just as if I were sitting here talking with you...I'm still not too sure about the "giftedness" of it.) 

OR - as of lately - I hear a someone on the radio talking about how he has shared with his church over 800 times and he wondered what could he ever say to them that they hadn't already heard?  (This got my attention - obvi)  (sounded a little familiar)  

Then, God told this guy to keep reminding his church of the things they had already learned!  

How simple!  We all need to be reminded of the things we have already learned!  

Am I the only one who learns something for a test and then totally forgets it about one hour after the test.
     or - I learn something, like when I was having my babies, and then when the grand babies comes along, I had to re-learn or remember all that baby stuff.  and not only remember it, but update it!!
     or - how about the teacher that teaches the concept, then has to review it with the student before the test, and then the student will review it some more, only to have to remember it later in life.

Personally, I have been on a journey the past 3 (approximately) years of returning to the basics.  The basics of my faith.  Where it began, how it started, what did I base my beliefs on, where did that crazy, risk taking, belief in a Sovereign God go?  

Somewhere in the course of time,  I got soft and became a weeny!  I began depending on "me" and all my devices of solving the problem, instead of literally running to God - my Father - for help, rest, peace, and all that other good stuff that comes with faith.

UGH!  I'm so mad at myself!

BUT - I'm so glad that God never gives up on me!  He is patiently taking me back to the basics.  

Not only the basics where I first really started to believe Him at His WORD, but utilizing some of the knowledge I've gained and life experience I've had - to make this an even bigger and better faith than before.

So, I'd love to have you join me as I walk this path.  Let's walk it together!  (I love that!!!)

I continue to be humbled as my faithful Father peels back the layers of doubt that have taken root in so many areas of my life.  It can tend to be a bit painful at times, but the things that give us the most change in our lives are usually painful.  (ponder that for awhile)

Most of these "doubt-bugs" are so small I don't even see them.  
Some of them are very good at camouflaging themselves to look like something else, but then my God gives me His magnifying glass and lo and behold... there's a little beggar to be dug out!
Some are created by society, and what's "safe", what's "healthy", what's "normal", what's "the smart thing to do".  (ponder it - go on - ponder it)

Some are like "no see 'ums".
Sometimes they are like chiggers that dig under your skin.
Sometimes they are like fleas.
Sometimes they are like gnats,
Sometimes a tick. (nasty!)
And then there are the stink-bugs! (gag!)
They can become really big - like a Florida roach! (gross!)

But...they are all pests!  and they are a pain in the neck!!!  They all are from the "pit of hell" especially as far as destroying my faith in what God can/will do and creating a false security in man-made answers!  (I think you could even call them "idols".  Yep - I said it...I think these bugs are just idols.  Isn't an idol something we put our faith in - instead of God?)

Anyway.... I hope you will walk, skip, run, ponder, grope, crawl, roll around pathetically, bounce back, and jump in with me and we can go at this together - because two or more are ALWAYS better than just one.

Love Your Guts,
Pray Really Big,
Hug Your Babies!
















2 comments:

  1. Love your new blog Janet! So glad you have started it! I would love to walk along this journey of life with you exploring what we learn along the way about the opportunities God gives us to help others, love, and Pray BIG!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving every last word. You go girl!

    ReplyDelete